Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 May 2015

Monochromatic Floral Stamping With Glitter Gel Accent

Hi guys!
Today's post is something I've been thinking about doing for a while. I haven't done many monochromatic manicures but I'm liking them more and more. The base of this mani is gel with regular polish stamped on top. Enjoy!

Monochromomatic Floral Stamping Over Gel
This mani started off with a Gelish base. I used Vitagel as my base coat and 3 coats of Gelish Sheek White. On my accent nails I used some loose mylar glitter and scrubbed it into the tacky layer. For a bit of sparkle on my other nails I used one coat of Gelish Bashful and then finished the whole mani off with Top It Off. The glitter nail turned out kinda bumpy so after a layer of top coat I filed the nail smooth and then topped it with another coat of top coat to give it that shiny smooth glass like finish.


Monochromomatic Floral Stamping Over Gel
Sun
The fine shimmer from Bashful is pretty hard to see, it's more noticeable under fluorescent lights and gives the finish a nice shimmery look. I love the glitter on the accent nails. It's an opal looking glitter that flashes yellow, green and blue. In the little jar it look white/pink but over white it's pretty much invisible except when the light hits it. It gave the flowers a gorgeous sparkle!

Monochromomatic Floral Stamping Over Gel
Indoor Natural Light
For the stamping, I laid down a basecoat of regular polish to make the stamping stick better. I find the images don't smudge anywhere near as much with the top coat if there's a base coat down first. I used my new Born Pretty rectangular plates for the images. I used one plate from their pink set and another plate from their new white set. 

Monochromomatic Floral Stamping Over Gel
Indoor Natural Light
The images on these plates are really well engraved and I have no issue picking up the designs. I used Mundo de Unas Black polish for the stamping which I am finally getting the hang of using. I have to work really fast with this polish to get the image to transfer fully. I had issues on a few nails, in the picture above you can see the center of one of the flowers is missing but it's not too bad.

Monochromomatic Floral Stamping Over Gel
Sun
I love how the glitter on the accent nails pokes through but you can still see the white base is very prominent so it doesn't detract too much from the design. This design is really doing it for me because the floral makes the colour contrast softer somehow . . . I'm very happy with how these turned out and I wore them for 5 days, 4 of which were work days and not a single chip! I love how the gel makes everything last so well!

Monochromomatic Floral Stamping Over Gel
Indoor Natural Light
This is my last mani with long nails :(
I had to cut them down for sports last night so you'll be seeing nubs for a while!

What do you think of this monochromatic look?

Pins, Patterns and Polish

No comments:

Post a Comment