Search This Blog

Thursday 2 April 2015

GellieBeans Ice Blue Swatches + Review

Hi guys!
For today's post I have another GellieBeans gel polish to show you and isn't she a beauty! If this pastel blue shimmer catches your eye then keep on reading :)

GellieBeans Ice Blue
As you've probably already seen on this blog I'm quite a fan of GellieBeans gel polishes. They come in these cute little bottles which are cost effective and they have a fantastic brush and a great range of colours. GellieBeans are online only and they go on sale every few months on the website Ozsale for $7. Apart from that I don't think there's anywhere else to get them in Australia.

GellieBeans Ice Blue
Sun Light


Ice Blue is a polish that I picked up at the beginning of the year and I haven't thought about it since it arrived. With the new Cinderella movie out at the moment and all the wonderful themed collections around (check out Red Carpet Manicure, Morgan Taylor and Gelish) I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon a bit and try out this lovely pale Cinderella blue.

GellieBeans Ice Blue
Indoor Fluorescent Light
Ice Blue is a pale light almost periwinkle blue with a light blue/purple shimmer. The shimmer has a bit of a colour shift to it that shows up in fluorescent light. This polish is absolutely beautiful and the lovely soft pastel will look great on many skin tones.

GellieBeans Ice Blue
Indoor Natural Light
Now, although the colour is beautiful and the formula is very easy to apply (a trait of all the GellieBeans polishes that I've tried so far) this colour is very sheer. I mean really sheer. One coat of this would make a great topper on darker colours due to the colour shifting shimmer. To get what you see in these photos I used 4 fairly thick coats.

GellieBeans Ice Blue
Indoor Fluorescent Light

There is still a tad of VNL and I did a lot of flash curing to make sure there was no pooling due to the thickness of the coats I used. If I was to apply this with my regular thin coats I think it would have taken a good 6 or 7 coats, something I don't have time for. To me it was worth it as this colour is gorgeous but if you don't like to do more than 2 or 3 coats, this polish probably isn't for you.

GellieBeans Ice Blue
Sun Light
My experience so far with GellieBeans has been awesome. I only buy the colours though so I can't say what the wear is like for the full system. I generally use Gelish Vitagel as my base and two very thin coats of Gelish Top It Off with whatever colour I choose in the middle. My removals take about 10 minutes per hand and the GellieBeans colours are no different. The formula on all the colours I've tried has been great. They are quite thin for gel polishes which makes them more like regular nail polishes and they're easy to spread around the nail. The colours self-level and don't pool in my cuticles or side walls.

GellieBeans Ice Blue
Sun Light
I'm absolutely in love with this colour, I think it's gorgeous and fit for a princess! I feel very feminine with this. Watch this space for some upcoming nail art over this lovely base!

What do you think of the Cinderella polish trend? Are there any polishes that make you feel like royalty?

Pins, Patterns and Polish

No comments:

Post a Comment