Search This Blog

Thursday 19 March 2015

Floral Stamping over a Pastel Gel Gradient with Swarovski Crystals

Hi guys!
I have another white stamped mani over the pastel gel gradient I showed you the other day. I love the combo of white over pastel colours so you'll probably be seeing more of these types if manis from me!

Floral Stamping Over a Pastel Gel Gradient
Indoor Natural Light
For this mani I started with the pastel gel base I did the other day. This is a combination of Gelibility and some China Glaze colours applied with a flat brush. For more info on the application method see this post. Here's a pic of the gradient by itself;

Pastel Gel Gradient
Indoor Natural Light
To apply the stamp, I first use a regular nail polish basecoat as I find this makes the stamp stick better to the gel and it lasts a lot longer. I then had to decide on which stamp to use . . . I decided on Born Pretty's BPL-05 and I used two images from it.

Floral Stamping Over a Pastel Gel Gradient
Indoor Natural Light

The first image is a full nail design with a flower an some swirl patterns. I applied this image to my ring fingers and thumbs using Mundo de Unas White. I then chose two different colour of Swarovski SS05 sized crystals to compliment the colour under the stamp. the second image is a partial nail design made up of swirls and finishes on an angle. I used this image on my other fingers alternating the orientation. 

Floral Stamping Over a Pastel Gel Gradient
Indoor Natural Light
After applying the stamps I then top coated with Pieta's Polish Quick, Gloss Me Up! top coat. I had zero smudging and the stamps are pretty much perfect! I love how this turned out, I think the different directions of the stamps on some fingers makes it more interesting. Both hands turned out a little different so I thought I'd add pictures of both :)

Floral Stamping Over a Pastel Gel Gradient
Indoor Natural Light
What do you think of this design? I'd say it's a little more out there than most people like because each finger is different, but I think it flows. I love the gradient underneath, makes it so colourful!

Pins, Patterns and Polish

No comments:

Post a Comment