Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 May 2014

OPI Can't Find my Czechbook + Moyou Stamping

Hi guys!
Today i have more Moyou London stamping for you. This could go on for a while as I received 4 new plates a few days ago. Finally got my hands on Explorer 03, it was sold out for a while. I gained inspiration for this mani from here and here. Those girls did an amazing job with their stamping! 

OPI Can't Find My Czechbook + Moyou Stamping

 I used OPI Can't Find My Czechbook from the 2013 Euro Centrale Collection. I have a mini bottle of this that I picked up from Price Attack (some stores break open some of their mini sets and sell them as individuals). I didn't want to buy the whole mini set, just a few colours so that's how ended up with this one! This polish is super easy to use, lovely formula, self-levelling and opaque in 2 coats. I was using a mini brush and didn't have any issues, so I'm sure the full size would be even better just because the brush can hold more polish.


OPI Can't Find My Czechbook + Moyou Stamping
 I stamped using Orly Liquid Vinyl, my only black polish. This works fine for the thinner and smaller images like the wire, but it's a bit patchy for the birds. For the stamping I used some of my new stamping plates, Pro XL Plate 07 and Suki Plate 08

Source

Source

I absolutely love these stamping plates, soooo much. There are a few more I want to pick up, but after I get those I think I'll have a go at some of the Messy Mansion plates. Just a word about these XL plates, I think that now I've tried both the normal size images and the XL, my future purchases will be for the normal size as I miss too much of the design with the XL size. Although my thumb is too wide for the normal size, I can stretch the images with the XL stamper and make them fit. 

OPI Can't Find My Czechbook + Moyou Stamping
 On my index finger I used the full nail design from the Pro XL Plate 07 and then I used the bottom strand of the barbed wire and double stamped that on my other fingers. I then used the flock of birds from Suki Plate 08 on my thumbs and took a couple of birds to stamp on my pinkie and index finger. Obviously there are parts where my stamping could be better, the individual birds foo example, but I think it worked out quite well. I'm going to get a better black polish for stamping, maybe Sally Hansen Black Out. I quite like this collage style of stamping, it almost tells a story. I think the big bird, the crow, is scaring the other birds off.

OPI Can't Find My Czechbook + Moyou Stamping
 Using my XL stamper the stamping was so so easy in comparison with my normal stamper. The squishyness of the silicon makes it easy to get the whole design fairly straight. Also, I find the best way to clean these sticky squishy stampers is with sticky tape, takes all the polish and fluff with it. I'll put up a review for the XL stamper soon.

OPI Can't Find My Czechbook + Moyou Stamping
What do you think of this stamping manicure? There will definitely be more Moyou stamping manis to come, I can't get enough of that brand at the moment. They just released a bridal collection with all lace plates, will definitely get some of those when they come of pre-sale.

See you guys next time!

Pins, Patterns and Polish

No comments:

Post a Comment