Search This Blog

Thursday 2 October 2014

Orly Boho Bonnet Swatches + Review

Hello again,
Another post, back to back! I hope you got through the last one ok, it was long! Today's post features another new polish which fits the lovely spring weather we've been having lately.

Orly Boho Bonnet
This polish is called Boho Bonnet which is from the Orly Hope and Freedom Collection. I reviewed Melodius Utopia from the same collection a few weeks ago. I picked up this polish from the same place, cosmetics and Fragrance Direct. Like the others, this was $5, which is really good for Orly in Australia.

Orly Boho Bonnet - Sun
This polish was an interesting one. I think Orly must just have a shearer formula than what I'm use to. This is 3 coats of Boho Bonnet topped with Poshé and then another layer of Sally Hansen's Miracle Gel top coat to seal in the studs. The Miracle Gel top coat by the way is ticking so many boxes! Dries super fast (for a non quick dry polish) and really glossy! The first coat of Boho Bonnet was super streaky, like really bad! Two coats would have been enough but there were some bald patches so it ended up being 3. 

Orly Boho Bonnet - Sun
You may have noticed that Boho Bonnet is a nice pastel blue tinted grey in the bottle. But on the nail this dried much darker, I'm really surprised. It looks so much more blue on the nails and pretty much no grey! You might have noticed the nubs are back. I'm rock climbing again this week and it was about time for a trim. My nails have been peeling a bit lately so those bits are all gone now!

Orly Boho Bonnet - Shade
After covering my nails with Poshé I got the studs out and and chose these nice square ones with a zig zag pattern. These are from the Emily de Molly store, there's a huge range of studs there now, I also got some nice bows which I will use for a special occasion. I wanted silver studs and my nails are too short for anything other than round, rectangle or square. 

Orly Boho Bonnet - Shade
To attach the studs I add a dab of topcoat to the underside and then use a tacky brush to place them on my nails. I then sometimes add a glob of topcoat on top to seal the edges down and then I top coat it all. These studs are really nice and are also reusable. They don't tarnish with remover, so you will be seeing them again! Although I think the bag contains something like 100 pieces for less than $2 so I have quite a few left over!

Orly Boho Bonnet - S

I'm quite a fan of this mani, I like the nice subtle look it gives. I would have preferred it to stay the colour it is in the bottle  but it's not too bad. I'm on a spring kick at the moment!

Are you currently sporting seasonal manicures?

Pins, Patterns and Polish

No comments:

Post a Comment