Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 August 2014

Emily de Molly Setting Sun Review + Swatches

Hello!
I'm a little excited about this post as it contains a polish that was in my first ever purchase from the Emily de Molly store. Today I present to you Setting Sun by EdM.

Emily de Molly Setting Sun
Last week as I was perusing my Facebook, I came across a post by Emily de Molly, so clicked over to her page. EdM had been on maternity leave for the past few months and the store has been mostly closed. Every couple of weeks Hayley, the owner, opens the store for 24 hours only and I was fortunate to notice the post 2 hours before opening. I managed to get my hands on Setting Sun, some stamping plates and few different types of studs. Hayley also threw in a free packet of neon studs which is awesome! I think this polish set me back around $11 and I have my eye on a few others for future purchases!

Emily de Molly Setting Sun - Late Sunlight
Setting Sun has had my interest ever since I saw this post by More Nail Polish. It's a lovely peachy coral with a hit of holo goodness. At the moment I am loving lighter more pastelly shades with holo, not sure why but I think they're amazing!

Emily de Molly Setting Sun - Full Sun
The formula of this polish is great, it required three coats but went on so so smoothly and I topped it off with 1 coat of Poshé. I'm quite impressed. You could get away with two coats of Setting Sun if you have shorter nails, but I'm not a huge fan of VNL, so I did 3. No regrets either. the formula is great, one of the best I've ever seen I think. It doesn't dry too quickly so you have time to readjust and it's not streaky! I think it's love <3

Emily de Molly Setting Sun - Shade
This polish is a bit of a chameleon. Depending on the lights it can look more bright, almost neon. Sometimes it looks really soft and girly and other times there's more of a hard edge and it looks much brighter. When I first put this on all I could think of was "uh oh, old lady colour". I know my Grandma would love this. But why can't I love it too? And I do! The addition of the holo sparkle makes it sooo much more interesting than those frosty peach coloured polishes my Grandma likes to wear. So I'm going to rock this mani without caring what my boy thinks, because naturally he doesn't like it. 

Emily de Molly Setting Sun - Late Sunlight
That sparkle is just awesome! Ok, so another reason I love this polish? There's no wear on my nails yet! I've had it on for two days, done two loads of fishes and showered twice, still as good as new. Don't believe me? all the photos besides the ones marked "late sunlight" were taken about an hour go. Yup, pretty dang impressive. I am so loving EdM right now.

Emily de Molly Setting Sun - Shade
If you want to get your hands on some of these beauties, keep an eye on the EdM Facebook Page that will tell you when the store opens next. Personally I will be waiting until the new stamping plates are released and then make my second purchase. Shipping was only $7 and you could get around 5 polishes I think and the shipping time was great! I'm very impressed with the customer service.

Emily de Molly Setting Sun - Full Sun
So what do you think of EdM? Have you bought anything from that brand? I know I'll be stalking the facebook page for the next few weeks waiting for more plates!

See you next time for some mani revamping.

Pins, Patterns and Polish







No comments:

Post a Comment