Search This Blog

Saturday 9 August 2014

Sally Hansen Lustre Shine in Moonstone + EdM Geometric Stamping


Hi guys!
Today I have a mani that I'm really enjoying! I think it counts as monochromatic, which is something I've never done. I present you with Sally Hansen Lustre Shine in Moonstone and Emily de Molly Stamping!

SH Moonstone with EdM Stamping
SH Moonstone is part of the Lustre Shine collection which contains all duochrome polishes. There's nothing particularly groundbreaking about the collection and it has been out for quite a while now. I found a box of these plus some magnetics on clearance for $2 each at Priceline whilst I was in Melbourne, score! Sally Hansen was also buy 2, get 1 free, so double score!

SH Moonstone - Outside, Overcast
I picked up Moonstone as I don't have a pearly white polish and I thought this could be useful in my collection. It's a pretty awesome polish actually, it changes between pink and green flashes in the light, although this was super hard to capture in photos, especially as the sun wasp laying hide and seek.
SH Moonstone - Outside, Overcast
The formula on this was quite good, although it was a bit sheer. I used 3 coats of the polish for these photos with a coat of Poshé to quicken up the drying time. This polish is a bit brush strokey, but it's not terribly noticeable. The polish was of average consistency and didn't pool. It wasn't goopy either, just a nice smooth formula.

SH Moonstone - Inside
The lustre of this polish was really gorgeous. It has this beautiful pearly quality too it, a lot like a real pearl and it's nice and feminine. I dressed this mani up with some stamping from a new aquisition of mine, Emily de Molly stamping plate EDM03. This plate is full of gemoetric designs and it's quite a lovely contrast to the dainty white background.

SH Moonstone with EdM Stamping - Late Sun
I used 3 different images from the stamping plate. My favourite is the one on my middle finger, I love the circles. The size of the images is really good for me. I can fit my thumb no problem and the length is also really good for my nails. The design isn't overly large that I miss heaps of the detail. 

SH Moonstone with EdM Stamping - Late Sun
These plates are wonderful to stamp with! They're so well engraved and the detail looks ridiculously fine, but it shows up really well on the nail. I can't wait to do some reverse stamping with this plate! It looks like it'd be great for colorblocking. 

SH Moonstone with EdM Stamping - Late Sun
I stamped with Orly Liquid Vinyl which is a fairly opaque black. It could be a one coater, but I'm not neat enough for it to be perfect in a single layer. It works quite well for stamping though!The design picked up really well and very crisp on the nail.

SH Moonstone with EdM Stamping - Shade
EdM plates are available at several etailers, including Femme Fatale Cosmetics and the Emily de Molly store. I bought two plates from the EdM store for $6.50 each and I have to say, they are awesome. The size of the images especially, it suits my nails so well.

What do you think of this monochromatic look? Do you have any of the SH Lustre Shine polishes?

Pins, Patterns and Polish








No comments:

Post a Comment