Search This Blog

Monday 29 September 2014

Pastel Green and Gold Nails Feat. Ulta3 Polish and Emily de Molly Plates

Hello!
Today's post features a man I did about a week ago. I was pretty stocked with the outcome, it was delicate and very suitable for Spring! This post includes a new stamping plate from Emily de Molly and a new polish from Ulta3!
 
Ulta3 Corsican Rose, Gold Rush Fever and EdM Stamping

The base of the mani is Ulta3's Corsican Rose ehich I picked up from Cosmetics and Fragrance Direct, a clearance store which gets old collections from lots of cosmetic brands. Originally I was looking for Coachella Dweller from Orly's Hope and Freedom Collection but they didn't have any left. When I was leaving the store I spied the Ulta3 stand and saw Corsican Rose which is a beautiful pistachio green. It reminds me of the ice cream flavour.

Ulta3 Corsican Rose + Stamping - Sun
The inspiration from this mani came from a post I saw on a polish Facebook group I'm part of. The base colour was a light grey pastel polish with silver studs and I really liked the mix of pastel and metallic. I don't have a nice pastel green, so this is my first. I confess that the formula is really thin! This mani required 3 thick coats to get what you see in the pictures and because of the layers you get a bit of the nail tip showing even when you wrap.

Ulta3 Corsican Rose + Stamping - Sun
I added the studs after I top coated with Poshé. I stick my studs down with top coat and then top the nail off with another generous coat to seal it all in. On my accent nails I stamped using a lace image from EDM01 which I got in my last order. I love this design! I've used it 3 times now, but I'm not too proud of the other manis so I didn't bother blogging about them. I stamped using Ulta3 Gold Rush Fever which is my go to gold stamping polish (at least until my Mundo de Unas order arrives!).

Ulta3 Corsican Rose + Stamping - Sun
I absolutely love this mani, it's so soft and delicate looking and just excellent for the lovely spring weather we're having. I kept this mani on for 4 days which is pretty good considering I stamped n it from day 1! It lasted really well too. I refreshed it each day with Sally Hansen's Miracle Gel top coat which is incredibly shiny and dries quite fast. I'll have to do a review on it once I've used it a bit as I quite a fan at the moment.

Ulta3 Corsican Rose + Stamping - Shade
Here's a shot of the mani in the shade. It's not much different so I didn't bother including more photos. There's super light shimmer in Cosrican Rose but you can't really see it, even in full sun. I class it as a creme polish even though it is quite sheer. After 3 days I was itching to do something to it so I added a stamping half moon design on the nails that had studs. I wasn't sure about it to start wit but I quite like it!

Ulta3 Corsican Rose + Stamping - Sun
I stuck down those round binder reinforcers for loose leaf paper and and stamped on top of the nail. Before removing the sticker I traced a line of gold right at the edge of the sticker. I'm a fan of this, I think it's still quite elegant without going overboard. 

What do you think of this spring time mani? Do you paint your nails according to the seasons?

Pins, Patterns and Polish



No comments:

Post a Comment