Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 March 2014

Polish Me Silly (Lush Lacquer) Orange You Sweet Review + Swatches

Hello!
Today I have my current manicure using one of my first ever indie polishes. I bought Lush Lacquer (now known as Polish Me Silly) Orange You Sweet from Femme Fatale cosmetics back in January. It was in their sales section so I think  scored it for about $5 for a full size bottle. In the bottle it doesn't look like much, just a mess of orangey yellow polish because the neon glitter is slightly transparent.

However on the nail over a light base colour it really comes to life! Here I have it over 2 coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, which is an opaque off-white. My Boyfriend Scales Walls is slightly streaky on the first coat but evens out after the second. I really like this combination, it reminds me of citrus fruit.
1 Coat of Orange You Sweet over
OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls

Onto the quality of the polish. I personally love this polish, the glitters are bright and matte, slightly transparent. There are 5 sizes of orange glitter suspended in the base, 5 yellow and some tiny holo hex glitter which only shows up in some lights. These pictures show 1 coat of Orange You Sweet however a fair bit of dabbing and glitter placement was required. I found that the large glitter did not stick to the brush easily, I had to fish for them and get it off the stem. The base is also a bit thick considering how thin the glitter pieces are. I expected the whole application to be a bit smoother. Because of the thicker base, the glitter didn't lie flat on the nail, creating a bit of a lumpy finish, I might thin this out a bit and see if that helps. I applied to coats of top coat, Essence Gel Look Top Coat and Poshé to finish it all off.


1 Coat of Orange You Sweet over
OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls
I really love this look, it's quite fresh. I'll definitely bee looking for more of these glitter polishes from Polish Me Silly, I have my eye on Clowning Around which is the same kind of glitter but heaps more colours;
Source: Rebecca Likes Nails
http://www.rebeccalikesnails.com/2013/05/lush-lacquer-clowning-around.html



What do you think of the Orange You Sweet polish combo?

See you next time!

Pins, Patterns and Polish



No comments:

Post a Comment