Search This Blog

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Revlon Parfumerie Autumn Spice Review + PVA Glue Basecoat

Hi guys,
After having Zoya Veruschka on my nails for about 4 days I started to get a bit sick of it. I wasn't in the sun often enough to admire the sparkle and falls a bit flat in the shade. So I dipped into my untrieds and pulled out a polish from Revlon's new Parfumerie range, Autumn Spice. I also have Wintermint but haven't gotten around to trying that either. These are really expensive in Australia, like $16 a pop so I took advantage of a Priceline sale and picked up some new Revlon Lip Butters as well. those are amazing!

I've also been doing some googling of using PVA glue as a basecoat after I saw this post by the Jen from The PolishAholic blog. I have a bottle of PVA sitting on top of my bookshelf so I thought I'd give it a whirl. Autumn Spice is also packed with large shimmer which I am not very fond of removing, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to try out this basecoat idea.

I painted two thin coats of the glue onto my clean nails using a paintbrush. The glue I have is already 50% water so it didn't need to be diluted and it spread quite easily. Here's a couple of pics of my neked nails to show you what it likes like when the glue is wet and once it's dry;

Nails with two coats of glue - wet


Nails with two coats of glue - dry
 The glue I used was quite transparent compared to other pictures I've seen, a lot of bloggers' glue was really white and you could tell more easily if it was still wet. I just had to wait until mine stopped being shiny and that too about 15 minutes. I then applied a basecoat to protect from staining (as well as to thicken up the manicure) and then added 2 coats of Autumn Spice and two coats of Poshe topcoat.

Revlon Parfumerie Autumn Spice - Sunlight
Revlon Parfumerie Autumn Spice - Sunlight
 You can see from the photos in the sun that Autumn Spice has a bit of a duochrome effect between red and gold. The shimmer/flecks are in a dark brown base which make it very dark in the shade.

Revlon Parfumerie Autumn Spice - Shade
 I quite like this colour, it reminds me of a dying fire with the embers in the ash, the boy thinks that it looks like a yuck brown colour, can he not see the flickers in colour???  I mean look at it!

Revlon Parfumerie Autumn Spice - Sunlight
Oh I almost forgot to address the scent aspect. So Autumn spice has been raved as having a very nice spice kind of scent, so I assumed cinnamon, which I quite like. From the moment it started drying, all I got was this;
Cinnamon Flavoured Gum - Source
I HATE this stuff, never liked it, smells and tastes totally wrong. So I was right about the cinnamon, but it's a very synthetic cinnamon. Also, topcoat does not get rid of the smell, it's plenty strong still. And another thing, It's been 24 hours and I can still smell it. So keep this in mind if you're thinking of getting Autumn Spice, the colour is absolutely beautiful, like a dying fire, not mud. But the smell is something else. If you like this kind of smell though, go for it! I personally think I would wear this again, the smell isn't that strong, but it would make me reach for it less.

I'll keep you guys posted on the peel-off/PVA basecoat thing and see if it actually works. It's been a full day and I've run errands and done the dishes, without gloves, and I don't so much as have tip wear.

See you guys next time!

Pins, Patterns and Polish





No comments:

Post a Comment