Search This Blog

Saturday 29 March 2014

Watercolour Flower Nail Art

Hi guys!
Today I have a nail art manicure, which is not what I usually do, but hey, I've been a bit bored with just one colour lately. Normally I progressively add to my manis until I'm ready to take them off. I saw a cool tutorial by Cutepolish which I quite liked, so if you want to see how this was one you can go there. 

Watercolour Flowers

 I started of this mani with a base of Sally Hansen, Bamboo Shoot. I originally thought this would be a cheaper version of Bourjois Rose Lounge, but it turns out it's more opaque and a bit too pink to be a 'my nails but better colour'. I think I might pick up a mini set of the OPI Oz collection to get my hands on their sheer neutrals. Anyhow Bamboo Shoot applies a bit streaky if you do thin coats, I think a thicket coat works well and this polish doesn't mind being worked with a bit. I thick coat gets it to be mostly opaque with a bit of VNL but I don't really mind that.

To create the flowers I used a flat paintbrush with one corner dipped in China Glaze Traffic Jam from the Metro collection and the other corner dipped in OPI Pink Friday from the Nikki Minaj collection. These flowers aren't super neat, I've never done this type of manicure before, but it turned out quite well and looks nice from about a foot away, the distance most people will look at.

Watercolour Flowers - Natural Light
Watercolour Flowers - Bathroom Light
I think this turned out quite nicely, I've been lemming some flowers on my nails but am patiently waiting for my new MoYou London plates to arrive. Does anyone have any suggestions for cheap stamping polishes? I picked up Ulta3 Gold Rush Fever yesterday at Target, they were having a $1 sale on their Ulta3 polishes, they must be getting rid of that line or something.

What do you think of this type of nail art? Cool? Too messy? Leave a comment with your opinions, I'd love to hear them!

See you guys next time.

Pins, Patterns and Polish




No comments:

Post a Comment